Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Things In My House That I Hate


This list is by no means exhaustive. 

1. My water bottle; 
This is unequivocally the worst water bottle. It is shaped so that the top 2/3 of the water bottle is at least twice as wide as the base. To aggravate this already crippling structural error, the lid is attatched by a plastic tether, which, when the bottle is not entirely filled with liquid, is heavy enough to tip the entire bottle (due to the narrow base). The other problem with the water bottle is that it used to say "Protect Yourself" in large letters and "From Heat Stress" in smaller letters. But now the small letters have somehow faded and the bottle simply says "Protect Yourself," which, of course, is embarrassing in many scenarios.



2. My toaster;
This is actually not my toaster, but I hate it enough to include it in this list. It toasts the bread to a point... And then refuses to toast the bread any more. Even if the toast is not done, it has decided that the toast is, in fact, done and will act as though it is the authority on the matter. To make the problem worse, the little handle that makes the toast go down is sharp. And serrated. It's like someone cut little spikes into the edge of a tuna can lid. It has become a morning ritual for me... Toast, chocolate milk, and raging around the kitchen trying to stem the bleeding from my index finger.








As a short side note, I hate tuna can lids.

3. My small fridge;
I thought this fridge would make my life easier by allowing me to keep my expensive 3.25% milk and my vegetable bucket safe from my food-stealing roommates. However, nothing fits in the fridge. It's almost as if the fridge were designed specifically to be incompatible with the most frequently-occuring shapes in the food industry. So, since I cannot keep my milk and my vegetable bucket in the small fridge, I am forced to keep them in the communal fridge, which mysteriously changes temperature and freezes my vegetables.




4. The futon
I thought it would be comfortable (due to Shad's general recommendation of futons), but instead the cushion is too thin, so it's like sitting on a barbeque. Also, it appears as though it is supposed to fold down into a bed type thing. But it doesn't. It exists somewhere in limbo between being 90 degrees and flat. Actually, that's inaccurate... It stays in the least comfortable angle and resists my best efforts to restructure it. 

I tried to draw a picture, but this is way more accurate.









No comments:

Post a Comment